Saturday, July 09, 2005

Quote of the unspecified temporal interval

On engineers and engineering:

I take the vision which comes from dreams
and apply the magic of science and mathematics,
adding the heritage of my profession
and my knowledge of nature's materials
to create a design.

I organise the efforts and skills of my fellow workers
employing the capital of the thrifty
and the products of many industries,
and together we work toward our goal
undaunted by hazards and obstacles.

And when we have completed our task
all can see
that the dreams and plans have materialised
for the comfort and welfare of all.

I am an Engineer
I serve mankind
by making dreams come true.
- Anon (supposedly found during the construction of the Konkan railway)

In case the quote doesn't give it away, things have gone pretty well at work. I'm the only one from my workgroup who is left at the plant. Here's hoping there are no glitches! (and that I'll be home tonight)

No comments: