Monday, October 31, 2005

Pack the bags!


Well folks, the tickets have been reserved so it's official! I'm going to Australia and Singapore. (and not paying a dime for it) Next Thursday it's off to Australia, and then almost two weeks later I'll be heading to Singapore until early December.


Of course I'll be working, and I'd be crazy to spend all my free time blogging, so I have no idea if I'll actually do any blogging. (I'm not even sure if I can get a 50 to 60 Hz adapter suitable for my laptop.) Until then, I'll try to work in as much blogging as I can. And I'll try to get plenty of photos to post after I'm back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so awesome. As mentioned before, I am insanely jealous. If you see any kangaroos, please take a picture!

Have you ever read "In a Sunburned Country" by Bill Bryson? He also wrote "I'm a Stranger Here Myself," that book I lent to Bo a few years ago which was really funny and he read it out loud to you... anyway, its all about Australia, and while it is not quite as funny as "Stranger" it is still a good book and I highly reccommend it.

Mr. Engineering Johnson said...

Anna, Haven't read it, but I may check it out from the library (I'll have plenty of time on that 16 hour flight)

Bo, the poster is a photoshopped version of a WWII recruitment poster. As far as I can tell, the corps of engineers never used "see the world" as a slogan, but It sure fits.

The real poster is here.

Mr. Engineering Johnson said...

Oh and it's LA. Hard to tell since the dot covers about 300 miles of coast.