Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Town that Billy Sunday Could Not Shut Down

Here's a bit of good news.

I'm off to Chicago on Friday. And while I'm in that toddlin' town I'll be interviewing for a job with a large (and prestigious) packaging company. With any luck, I'll also be able to hang out with my friend Steve.

Of course I've never considered Chicago a great place to live, but a job is a job. I think I could live with it. Who knows, I might even learn to like city life. Of course that would be a lot easier if there wasn't a ban on things like this:



Honestly! Why is it that a (reasonably) responsible guy like me with no criminal record and knack for hitting the X-ring can legally own and carry a pistol like this in over 90% of this country and yet doing so in Chicago would make me a felon? Oh well, either the laws will change or I'll get out of town a few years down the road. It's a shame though. Chicago is kind of a pretty town.

No comments: