Thursday, April 16, 2009

mmmm, bacon!

It's not just for breakfast anymore!

I recently ran across this over at make blog. You'd have to be borderline insane to think of this, but I have to admit it's cool.


The Flaming Bacon Lance of Death

Basically it's a bacon powered torch. It sounds nuts, but it's essentially a lot of oxygen being forced through an oily substance so that it burns very quickly. I bet that with the O2 hooked up you could burn up all of the bacon grease in nothing flat.


Who wants it crispy?!

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

You know, I'm really tempted to make that in the garage this weekend. :-)

Mr. Engineering Johnson said...

If you have an oxy-acetylene rig, it would probably be pretty easy.
First time I read through this I missed that he was using pure oxygen, but it makes sense that almost anything would burn well with a little O2.
I suppose compressed air might work too, but you would have to boost the flow rate considerably to get it burning very hot. So if we had a higher flow rate of air that would require structurally reinforced bacon...Where's my calculator?

Electric Cylinder said...

Wow, what a cool way to cook bacon! ROFL