Thursday, January 05, 2006

Getting cultured

Having never been to Japan before I figured I should check up on the cultural aspects of the visit before I started. I've found several very useful websites and some not so useful.

This one isn't good for much, but it is good for a laugh.

I really can't explain how or why some of these products came about, but I can't blame the inventors for trying.


The "face slimmer"

Aside from the fact that this has pretty much no chance of achieving it's intended purpose, it might be useful in one respect; it would be pretty good as a prop in a horror movie.









The "nap helmet"



I understand the purpose for this one, but I'd like to know, what keeps the user from collapsing the moment one falls asleep?










The "noodle cooler"



For people who are too impatient to wait for their noodles to cool. If your noodles are really too hot to eat, I doubt a fan will cool them on the way to your mouth. I would imagine that the inventor was making some kind of personal cooling device, but couldn't get the fan to do any more than hang from the subject's arm. Just a guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude the pictures in this post are busted, you've got some permissions issues with the pics, try viewing them when not logged in as yourself...

I really wanted to see the pictures :)

Mr. Engineering Johnson said...

How's that?