Sunday, February 20, 2005

Look, Listen, and Live!

Being a railfan, I often spend time around railroad tracks, and when I'm lucky enough to watch a few trains roll by it reminds me of the incredible power that rolls down railroad tracks everyday. Naturally I'm very conscious of the hazards of railroad crossings, sometimes to the point of being paranoid.
Incidents like this one don't make me feel any better about crossings.



It does not appear that the crew was severely injured in the wreck (such incidents are considered when designing the locomotive) but the truly amazing thing is that truck driver was not hurt. He was actually fortunate that train was traveling so fast, because his trailer actually disintegrated rather than dragging him down the tracks.


Don't believe it? Check out the video link on the news report page.
If that doesn't make you look twice when crossing the tracks then you must have a death wish.

No comments: