Sunday, October 09, 2011

I smell a series!

Back around labor day I was at the Old Threshers Reunion. Now normally it's a family outing, but this year we couldn't have the normal get together so I just wandered around the grounds a bit checking out the old iron and the flea market. One of the junk dealers perveyors of fine mechanical merchandise had a stack of old textbooks that caught my eye.



He had a six volume set of automotive engineering texts from 1920! After a little negotiating I packed these back to the car and I've been sifting through them ever since. They're too much fun not to share, so I'm taking snapshots of the material so I can put some up from time to time.

This Wed I think "Explosion Motors" will be a good place to start!

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Perhaps you can help me with my Reliant Robin, it seems to keep getting banged up.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/clarkson-tips-over-reliant-robin

Mr. Engineering Johnson said...

3 wheel conveyances are, thankfully absent. Of course should you and you're reliant ever need a roll...

Home on the Range said...

I'll just whistle.