Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"I believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival... it ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games; sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other..."

-John Adams

I didn't go to a fireworks display last night because I had a really wonderful show from the balcony of my apartment. From about noon until after I fell asleep the air was absolutly filled with the sound of fireworks.

The quality and variety of pyrotechnics was quite impressive.






I shot those in less than a couple of minutes. There were so many people using fireworks there was hardly a moment of silence. It's hard to capture in words, so I recorded a brief MP3. That was just after dark, and it only got more intense after that.

It was a great way to end the holiday!

No comments: