Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Detour

I really enjoyed my stay in Japan. I spent a little time in Tokyo with friend, reader, and world traveler Bo at the very beginning; then I spent several days in Oyama (a much smaller town by comparison, but what isn't small compared to Tokyo?) After that I spent some time with my friend Mike and came back to Tokyo.



It was really fascinating, and although I was a little late to see the cherry blossoms in full force, I did at least get to see the very end of the bloom during a trip out into the countryside.



I have more pictures to post, but that will have to wait. I just recieved my visa, so I'll be crossing the border from Hong Kong to China to do some work there. That wasn't really part of the original plan, but that's just the way things worked out. (It doesn't make much sense to fly home, knowing that leaving early means I'll have to come back again soon.)

No comments: